A new born baby brings in a great amount of transformation in the life of parents. The baby not only makes them prepare for this sensitive phase but it also makes them responsible for their new born baby’s safety as well. The baby is indeed very protective and safe in the womb of its mother but when the baby comes out to breathe in this real world, it becomes very essential for parents to take its actual care with respect to safety. Explore some of the essential things that are required for ensuring one’s child safety.
5 Things for Child Safety:
- Convertible Car Seats: The initial days of baby would be spent on bed or consistently in the arms of its parents. But as and when the baby starts growing, parents would definitely like to carry it in outdoor locations as well. Hence in this scenario, it would be essential for them to take safety measures for their baby. Thus, parents should first invest in buying an convertible car seat. A convertible car seat would not only be comfortable for the baby to move from one place to another but it would ensure safety seating of baby. The posture of head and back would be properly taken care of by the baby seat.
- Safety Gates: As soon as the baby starts crawling, it becomes an issue of worry for its parents. Since they cannot keep a watch on it every now and then, they look for solutions that would safeguard their child, even while he or she is moving. Safety Gates would be a viable solution for babies. Homes that have stairs should be installed with safety gates. Apart from this, users can even go in for safety gates near bathroom and office areas as well.
- Cover for Electric Outlets: It is very essential for parents to ensure cover for every electric outlet in home. Since, babies are curious about each and every object in home, they tend to touch or insert their fingers wherever they find them evoking curiosity. Since, there could chances of active current in these outlets, parents should immediately install covers.
- Strong latches for cupboards and drawers: Babies are adamant and determined to check every drawer, corner and cupboard in home. They keep on crawling and continue with their investigation procedure. But this could be a safety issue for them. Since the drawers and cupboards could be filled with any type of element, this could harm their baby in any form. Thus, parents should replace delicate latches with little complex or twisted latch. This would make it difficult for baby to open drawers and cupboards.
- Toilet Seat Locks: Toilet Seat locks too form an integral element for ensuring child’s safety. Babies often crawl towards washroom area out of their curiosity. Since washroom has buckets and toilet seats filled with water, it is essential to install toilet seat locks. Babies crawl with their toys and throw them in buckets and tubs. It is very risky as they can drown. Hence toilet seat locks should be installed with latch or push buttons that could only be operated by parents.
Infants sleep a lot. Watching them sleep is the favorite pastime of new parents. However, it is not possible for parents to keep a constant watch on their babies while they are asleep. Baby monitors are great innovation to listen to the sounds of babies while they are sleeping. The monitor helps find out if the baby is in any kind of trouble or is finding difficult to sleep or even crying during sleep. The device is such invented that it transmits the sound of baby to the parents. It is basically a one-way radio that is enabled to send the frequency of the sounds generated by the baby to a receiver that the parents have. Parents can read more about audio and video baby monitors at Watch My Tot, which is a good resource for baby monitor reviews and ratings.
How to use the baby monitor?
The transmitter needs to be installed in the room of the babies. It should be plugged near the baby. The distance between the baby or the crib and the transmitter should not be more than 10 feet. While the transmitter needs to be plugged, the receiver that the parents need to carry is portable. Parents can tuck the receiver in their belts and carry it around while they execute their tasks. The length of distance that the baby monitor can project varies depending upon the model. Most of the baby monitors work within 150 feet of distance. It means that the receiver can be carried around the entire house and even on the porch or the yard.
How to choose an apt baby monitor?
With so many baby monitors available in the market, it becomes difficult for a parent to choose the right one. There are many things that need to be kept in mind while selecting a baby monitor for the infant. Parents are advised to look for a baby monitor that is small in size. Small sized baby monitors help meet the purpose of carrying them around the house. Choose a monitor that sends alerts when the battery needs to be replaced. Without this feature, parents suddenly stop receiving alerts and do not realize when their baby cries. Baby monitors should be of a reputed brand. Parents can read the reviews of the baby monitor and select the one that suits them.
What features to look for in baby monitors?
There are different kinds of baby monitors available across several brands. While some baby monitors alert the parents by making a sound, other baby monitors simply light up. It is necessary to choose those baby monitors that alert the parents in both ways. While watching television or vacuuming the house, the noise might disrupt the sound created by baby monitor. In such cases, light proves to be a savior. Many baby monitors come with two receivers for added convenience. In large houses, one receiver can be placed in the living room and the other one can be carried around. This helps alert others in the home too. The bandwidth of the baby monitor offered by the brand is very important. Choose the baby monitor with higher bandwidth so that parents can move out of the house too.
Kindly visit here for buying guides and pros and cons of various monitors.